February TBR


Hey! In case you don't know, every month I plan out my reading to fit a few goals and challenges I have running throughout my schedule. Last month, I didn't get to read as many books as I'd hoped (which, because I'd wanted to read like 10, is not super disappointing) and especially because I didn't read any from my Victorian Classics goal, I want to make February AWESOME. So though we're almost two weeks into February, here's what I want to see myself reading: 

The Classics theme for February 2017 is African American Classics, following Black History Month!
- Native Son by Richard Wright
- Their Eyes were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
- Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison

Reading the World:
I already finished Snow by Orhan Pamuk for Turkey!
- A Whole Life by Robert Seethaler (Austria)
- Broken Glass by Alain Mabanckou (Congo)

For FemLIT, or the feminist book club I started at my school: 
- A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf

And that's it! It might be a shorter list than last time, but I think that's a good thing, so I don't overwhelm myself with constantly failing to meet my goal haha. 

Another thing, especially for the month of February I want to point out are the movies I still need to watch! I'm really looking forward to La La Land, Hidden Figures, and Moana

What are you planning to read this month? 


No comments:

Post a Comment