Top Ten Realistic Fiction Books I Want To Read
Realistic Fiction/Contemporary is and has been my favorite genre for as long as I can remember. I love their relatable-ness, beauty, power, ability to touch hearts, and how I can feel like the characters are really in my life. I agree, reading too much makes you a bit depressed, or sick of sappy love stories, but I love the good realistic-fiction book.
1. Hold Tight, Don't Let Go I haven't read a book set in another country or area in so long, and this book looks extremely powerful and unique.
2. I'll Give You The Sun I have literally been wanting to read this book for forever, and I just really need to! I've been hearing such great things about it.
3. The Last Time We Say Goodbye This book is another one that seems very touching and something that would require a bit of Kleenex...but I'm excited to read it.
4. On the Jellicoe Road A book that has a really great rating, and looks to be a thrilling mystery...love it.
5. Where Things Come Back I have heard raving reviews about this book, and I can't wait to see what I will get from it.
6. The Goldfinch I can't believe I haven't read this yet. The cover is beautiful, and apparently it is absolutely amazing.
7. Speak I need need need to read more Laurie Halse Anderson because she is such an acclaimed author.
8. The Sky is Everywhere The blurb already makes it sound amazing. A girl, whose sister has passed away, and the love story and coming-of-age that comes with it.
9. Along for the Ride No shame, I absolutely adore Sarah Dessen. No matter what other people say, her books, I find, have a really unique, special quality to them.
10. Girls Like Us I am really excited to read this novel...I always love unlikely friendship stories.
What books did you choose? And what do you know about these?