The Liebster Award!

Hey lovelies! I was recently nominated by Emma @Emma's Bookery for this award. I'm super pumped! Let's get straight into it...
Here are the rules:

1. Post 11 facts about yourself.

2. Answer the 11 questions created by the person who nominated you, then create your own set for the people who you are going to nominate!

3. Choose 11 people (that have under 200 followers) to nominate and link them to your post.

4. Let the people you nominated know they've been tagged. No tag backs!

11 facts: 
  • My favorite color is blue: turquoise, navy blue, baby blue, anything.
  • I love oreos and chocolate chip cookieeesss. 
  • Beauty staple: Winged eyeliner. <3
  • I have read each of the Harry Potters 15-20 times.
  • My favorite solo singer is Taylor Swift or Kelly Clarkson.
  • My favorite band is Queen (RIP Freddie Mercury) .
  • Food is my holy grail. Rarely do I find foods I don't like. Except for grapefruit.
  • When I'm not reading, I'm usually watching Anna Akana, Superwoman, or Michelle Phan on Youtube. 
  • I love the movie The Help.
  • Favorite actress: Emma Watson beats EVERYBODY. 
  • After book blogs, I love to watch/ read anything beauty/fashion related.
On to the questions:

1. What made you start blogging?
It's hard to say. I was reading so many books and was finding myself wanting to share more of my thoughts on books with others. I have discovered so many amazing people, and blogging is awesome. I'm so glad I did it. 

2. What blogs do you check daily?
I wouldn't say daily, per se, but I do have blogs I check very often. All the blogs on my blog list which are:
And...
Paperback Princess

Ooh also of course Michelle Phan's website, although I don't know if that's a "blog".

Michelle Phan

3.What are your top five favorite books?
Agh that's so hard...If all the Harry Potter books would count as one, all of them. But even in there, Goblet of Fire is my absolute favorite. Also, Everybody sees the Ants by A.S. King, We Were Liars by E. Lockhart , Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell, and Champion by Marie Lu. 


4. If you could travel to anywhere in the world right now, where 
would you go?
Paris, or Switzerland. I need to go to Paris again and really explore all the little bits of it and I've always wanted to see the Alps and pretend I was Heidi. 

5.What is the one wish you would like to be granted?
I would love to be able to travel to anywhere I would like to go without having to pay the immense bills. I want to explore and experience the world for itself and I would love to do so without any restraints. 
- What is your favourite quote?
Don't make me do thissss. Pleaseee. Since I can't choose an all time favorite, I'll just choose one from the most recent book I've read, Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock. 

“I can tell you get it -- you're different. And I know how hard being different can be. But I also know how powerful a weapon being different can be. How the world needs such weapons. Gandhi was different. All great people are. And unique people such as you and me need to seek out other unique people who understand -- so we don't get too lonely and end up where you did tonight.”

7.Favourite childhood hero?
Hmmm...my childhood hero was probably the Beatles or ABBA or some weird band like that. My dad is super into music and he gave me a whole music-ation when I was younger. Ooh.. random question, who's your favorite Beatles member? Personally...I like George Harrison :) 

8.What are you most excited for in 2015?
I'm actually going to go to New York this summer, which I am SO excited about. I am also super pumped about reading all these new books, blogging more, and meeting new blogging people! 

9.Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
Well I would hope that I'm still blogging, and I would always be reading. I would probably be in college (I'm aiming for Stanford, but we'll see how THAT goes), hopefully have a really awesome boyfriend, and it would be really cool if I could have published a book or something by that time.

10.Do you enjoy summer or winter more and why?
SUMMERRR. Winter is way too cold and gloomy and you can't really do things, but in summer I always travel and can really enjoy my leisure time. Ooh I also get to read a lot. And watch movies. Fun things. 

11. If you could go back in time when and why would you go there?
I would probably go back to this past summer, when we went to Europe. It was absolutely amazing. I would love to go there again and experience it again with a bit of prior knowledge. I think that would make me take it in even more and enjoy myself even more than I did. 

Here are my 11 questions: 

1. Who is your favorite book character of all time?
2. Do you have a favorite author? If so, who?
3. Why do you blog?
4. What blogs do you check daily/very often?
5. What are some of your favorite hobbies? 
6. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
7. Who is the book character you would most like to be?
8. What are a few of your favorite songs?
9. What is something you find unique about yourself?
10. Your favorite movie, and why?
11. Where would you like to travel in the future?

My Nominees (let's see if I can get it to 11):
Claire @Cover to Cover
Emily @Paperback Princess
Stefanie @The Bookie Looker
Erica @Books4ev
Jillian @Jillian's Books
Sheri @Tangled Up in Books
Nobody@The Story Goes
Anastasia @Cuddle Reads
Veronika @Reading is Dreaming With Open Eyes
Well...I tried...

Anyone else who would like to is welcome!











12 comments:

  1. I love Emma Watson, I've always admired her beauty inside and out. I also love Superwoman on YouTube! She's hilarious. Thanks for saying that you like to read my blog, I love yours too! I've already done this post, but thank you very much for tagging me, Kate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination but I've already done this once. :)
    I've been to Paris once too but I didn't have much time to explore so I only saw a few things + Disneyland, I want to go back too. I hate winter so freaking much, it's so cold outside right now I don't even want to go out.
    Thanks again for the nomination. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so sorry...:( But yes I totally agree about Paris and winter haha.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for nominating me, how awesome! :) Love your answers, and love the questions! Can't wait to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for nominating me, I'll do it as soon as I can ! :D Great post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know why this stuck out to me, but GIRL. DON'T YOU DARE BE WORRYIN' ABOUT HAVING AN AWESOME BOYFRIEND IN TEN YEARS TIME. YOU ARE SO SUCCESSFUL AND BEAUTIFUL AND PERFECT THAT ALL THEM BOYS GOT NOTHING ON YOU. Just keep doing you Kate, and I promise you will find a guy who admires your intelligence and humor and perfection. Don't forget "Woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle." LOL I'm sorry I am a feminist and YOU DON'T NEED A MAN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHAHA I love you so much and YES I TOTALLY AGREE, THANK YOU FOR THAT CONFIDENCE BOOST. Feminism for da winnnn!

      Delete
  6. Great answers! I love Paris so much! There's actually a chance I'm going to be visiting the city in summer so I'm very excited about that! I also really loved We Were Liars when I read it last year. It was on my top ten books of 2014! And can we just talk about how amazing The Help is! It brings me to tears every time!
    Thank you so much for nominating me :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I can't wait to see your response...I know, The Help is so beautiful!

      Delete