Blogger Positivity Campaign
Hey guys! It's Kate here, and first of all SORRY about not being around too much...:( I promise I will be back and will up my game. To aid with that though, my wonderful friend Jillian @Jillian's Books has started a Blogger Positivity Campaign to just share and promote positivity within the blogosphere. THIS IS HOW AWESOME SHE IS GUYS.
Anyway, I have gladly participated, and the first post of the campaign is a small kickoff interview! I know some of you may know me really well by now, but there's always more to discover, yeah? Tell me your answers to these questions in the comments below!
1. Introduce yourself and your blog!
Okay...I'm Kate, a girl who loves reading, writing, books, and mostly WORDS. Everything with words fascinates me: songs, poetry, speech, theatre, etc. I'm a lover of chocolate and Harry Potter and my other hobbies are singing and exercise! My blog has been around for almost 2 years now (WHAAT) and is the product of my ramblings about everything I read. I love to read anything from classics to Sci-Fi, YA Contemporary to Historical Fiction. Talk to me about books, and you are my friend!
2. Where do you blog from?
My house, usually. There is a special place upstairs where the sun usually comes in perfectly and it's a great way to focus and blog for a while...and it's not too far from my room (or the library, as I like to call it).
3. Who or what made you the reader you are today?
Oh gosh, everything. First, my parents, who gave me an infinite amount of stories to indulge in since the tender age of 3-ish. That's how my toddler self spent my time. READING. (what a nerd.)
The places I've lived have all had phenomenal libraries whose programs I attended all the time. I was personal friends with quite a few librarians, and continue to be today. I still attend book clubs consistently, which is like blogging...but in person!
Different authors and books: Harry Potter, being a classic, Jane Austen and L.M. Montgomery, the women who inspire me, Contemporary authors aka A.S. King, Jandy Nelson who show the true power of stories, and a variety of classics, Les Mis, Pride and Prejudice, 1984, etc.
4. Who or what made you decide to create a book blog?
Hmm...now that I think about it, I honestly am having trouble remembering. I think that I wanted to create a blog because I thought it was so cool, and my parents encouraged me to review books, since I already did that in my free time.
5. What are your thoughts on the blogosphere today?
As accepting and open as I would like, but a little redundant. I see the same reviews, same posts, same blog designs everywhere. I am guilty of this as well so I can't complain too much but I try to be as original as possible. And when someone else has a great new idea (aka this campaign) it's so great to participate!
6. 5 random facts about you?
1. I have a fear of birds.
2. I love to watch Blogilates and Superwoman on Youtube.
3. Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate...mmmmm
4. I am South Korean.
5. I have a little sister!
7.5 favorite books you’ve read and loved?
1) I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson
2) All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
3) The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
4) HARRY POTTER
5) And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
8.5 favorite book bloggers!1)Emily @Paperback Princess- Simple, but straight to the point!
2) Jenn and Ash @Jenn Renee Read- So so so good, and I know her in person too!
3) Ranu @The Araliya Bookshelf- Her blog design, her content- EVERYTHING!
4) Novels and Necklaces Their gifs and discussion posts are spot on :)
5) Christina @Books and Prejudice- her blog name is already so clever, and so are her posts!
WHOO this is long. Congrats for sticking with me all the way, and I hope you liked it! Can't wait to get back to y'all soon!