Things I Just Would Like To Say for the Book Blogging Community


Things I Just Would Like To Say for the Book Blogging Community 

Hey guys! I'm back today with another Blogger Positivity Campaign post hosted by Jillian @Jillian's Books, this time with some words of wisdom (?) for...you! So here they are...

1. Appreciate each other! 
I don't know about you, but as a reader and an absolutely self-proclaimed book nerd, it can be hard to find people who share the same interests and can fangirl together with me. But I have you guys! My bookish world would be a lonely place if I didn't have a huge group of bookish friends to constantly inspire and share with me. You are really great, guys. Don't focus on followers, what books certain people read, or anything else, because being in a community of people who love books as much as you do is more than enough. 


2. Go back to the fundamentals. 
The thing about blogging and seeing other people's blogs is that you can get swept up in a wave of constantly changing books that everyone seems to be reading and everyone seems to be blogging about. Don't worry too much about getting a lot of comments on a post because it's a book everyone has read. There are so many books out there that are just waiting for someone to open them up and love them. Read classics. Read children's fiction. Read for the love of reading, not just to blog. 

3. You have a voice. 
Use it well! I haven't seen much of it around the book blogging community, but there are some cases where people will purposely bring up negative/controversial issues and then use it to force their own thoughts down other people's throats. You have a voice on here- one of the best things about it, so be careful! That also means that you can speak about things you're passionate and curious about and as long as you are cautious, it can lead to intellectual, inspiring conversation! 

4. Don't worry. 
We all get busy. Blogging isn't (well maybe sometimes but for most of us isn't) a job, and no one is gonna run at you with a knife if you miss one post. *gasp* If you are overwhelmed with stuff going on in your life, take a break and forget about your blog for a while. We all understand! I've even taken breaks because I hadn't read any books to review! Don't make blogging too much of a chore.

5. Keep your originality.
Looking at other blogs with more followers or with a much more sophisticated design can get kinda obsessive. Believe me, I know. But every blog I've seen is special in its own little way, and they all play to the blogger's strengths. Don't try and make your blog look like everyone else's, because it's the quirks that make it interesting. 

That's a wrap! I hope you liked this post... and that it got you thinking :) Comment some of the things you'd like to say to the book blogging community! 







10 comments:

  1. HELLO, KATE!! I feel like I haven't spoken to you in ages!! (My hiatus would probably have something to do with that!) But still, it's so awesome that you're taking part in this event!! I saw you mention me in your last post, and I just want to say, GAH. THANK YOU!!!! You are wonderful <3 I loved reading this post, and especially agree on #3! Finding your voice can be hard, but you DO have one! :)

    Ranu xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEY RANU! Yeah, I've missed you! Your blog is so awesome that I HAD to mention it :) Being unique, especially in a large community, is challenging but you are always so positive and kind that I'm sure you have no problems with that :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for this, Kate! Especially with #4! Deciding to go on hiatus was a hard decision for me, and I needed to know that it's ok to not always be present al, the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your'e welcome, Emily! I totally agree, I'm even worse because I don't even announce I'm going away...EEK. Life can get in the way, and the important thing is that we still love what we do!

      Delete
  3. Aw I'm loving these lists! I think I appreciate the book blogging community so much more after reading all these posts <3 I think #4 is the biggest one for me! I took a massive break earlier on this year and it was exactly what I needed to recharge and come back with even more enthusiasm than before

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely am finding out a lot about individual bloggers and gaining great tips as a blogger :) I've lowered my expectations a bit as well, and I've found it makes me a lot happier to just blog for myself and I've learned to appreciate it even more.

      Delete
  4. YES, YES, YES to all of these Kate! Originality and appreciating each other are so, so important. We're all in this together, right? And going back to the fundamentals is important as well. Sometimes it's important to remember why you decided to blog - to share your love of books with others, not to be caught up in the hype of ARCs and page views. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Zoe! It was really great to remind myself what blogging really means to me while sharing it with all of you...Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I agree! Sometimes we get caught up with being super unique, which leads to being way too complicated. Sometimes the basics are the best. I believe that we should STRIVE to be like another blog but never compare. Great topic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. Other bloggers inspire me all the time, and I think that's one of the best things about the blogging community! Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete