The Reader Problems TAG


Whoohoo! Another tag! I was tagged by the amazing Claire @Cover to Cover. I love these because you get to know me better, and hopefully I'll get to know you too! Let's go ahead and get started...

1. You have 20K books in your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
A bit embarrassing, but mostly what I can get my hands on. Whatever comes first at the library, usually, and then I try to read a few reviews of books I'm planning to read and the ones that are getting stellar reviews are the ones I usually read. Sometimes it's just the little things, like covers or authors I know a cool protagonist name.


2. You're halfway through a book and you're just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed? 
Quit. I usually try not to quit, solely for the purpose of being able to rant about how bad the book was later, but sometimes there is just too good of a book waiting for me on my shelf and if it's not working halfway into a book, it ain't working...ever.

3. The end of the year is coming, and you're so close but so far away from your Goodreads reading challenge? Do you try to catch up and how?

I really don't care how many books I read. My goodreads reading challenge is actually fairly unrealistic and I purposely set it higher so I'll try to reach that, at my best. Usually though, I just try to read as much as possible and make sure that I don't have times when I'm not reading. But I would rather soak in a good book than rush it for a challenge. 

4. The covers of the series you love do not match. How do you cope? 

The Throne Of Glass Series is my example for this one. It annoys me so much that the 1st one's cover is unlike any of the others. Even though it bothers me incredibly, what can I do? If I think it will be good enough, I'll read it. 

5. Everyone and their mothers love a book you really don't like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings? 

A bit confused on how "mothers" got in here but anyway. Goodreads is so great because you have the widest spectrum of people who all have different opinions. But you know, that's one of the reasons I blog is to see if others think the same about books I've read. 

6. You're reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal with it? 
I don't cry much during books in general, and if I do, it's usually in my room when everythings a bit quiet because I think thats when I really get immersed into my book. But if that were to happen, I would plow through it, tears or no tears. 


7. A sequel of a book you love just came out, but you've forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip to the sequel? Try to find a synopsis in Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!

Me when Insurgent came out a long time ago. And Prodigy. I reread Divergent and Legend because I'd tried to read Insurgent without reading Divergent again but I didn't understand anything. 

8. You do not want anyone borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask? 

My books are my babies. I literally interrogate people when they ask if they can borrow a book. If they are trustworthy...maybe. But usually I just tell them that I don't have that book or if they know that I do, that I would rather not because someone else is borrowing one of my books right now. I know. I'm a bad person. 

9. Reading ADD. You've picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump? 
Read one of the Harry Potters. It gets me up and running and into an intense reading mode. If I'm desperate, I'll read all seven. I swear, they're magic when it comes to this. (wink wink)

10. There are so many books coming out that you're dying to read! How many books do you buy? 
I actually don't like to buy new books. I'm a person that buys books only after they've read them. I borrow books from the library usually and if I loved it, I'll buy it.

Unless it's like If I Stay, which had 52 holds on 4 copies. I bought the book first then. It turned out to suck though, so that wasn't exactly positive. :)

11. After you've bought the new books you can't wait to get to, how long do they sit in your shelf before you get to them? 

Ahhhh that's hard. It's kind of like getting new clothes, but different. With new clothes, I think everyone has an urge to wear all outfits possible with them for the next few days and then start incorporating old outfits, but since my TBR list is always so long and I always have books sitting on my shelf waiting, I say at least 2 days, at most 3 weeks.

Thanks for reading! 

I am tagging: 
Emmy @Paperback Princess
Lilly @Passive Aggressive and Pensive
Melissa @Melissa Lee's Many Reads

and anyone else who would like to! :) 

Ciao for now!





4 comments:

  1. Thanks for tagging! I agree, with my TBR list, I still have books sitting on my shelf from September! I think that Harry Potter is a great way to get rid of those reading slumps. Those books never get old! I'll have my post up on Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I relate to a lot of this, like the not crying in public thing and the never buying books until after I've read them thing. Also, I've never read Harry Potter, but that pun was MASTERFUL. ;3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you very much...I'm glad you liked it!

      Delete