Top Ten Books I'd Love to Read With My Book Club

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish where we post 10 of our favorite things in each category.

Top Ten Books I'd Love to Read With my Book Club
1.Shiver
I actually do have a book club I like to go to, and we just read this book last month. I thought it was really interesting though, because I didn't really like the book, but lots of other people did and it was just a very interesting book to talk about. 

2. Throne of Glass
I just love this book. And there come times when I just want to rant about my obsession with Chaol and how freaking awesome Celaena is and I would love to do that with my book club. 

3. The Giver
I am one of the only people I know who didn't find this book enjoyable, or at least inspirational. I think that often times when I talk a book over with my club it makes me look at it differently and want to read it again, and I'm interested in what people have to say about this one. 
4. We Were Liars
Let's be real here, We Were Liars was probably the best twist/ending I've read this year. Only problem is I can't discuss it with people who haven't gotten there yet. I would love to read this with my book club and then just rant about the ending.

5. Legend
I just adore this series. There is so much to learn from them, and I feel like there are lots of deeper meanings in the book I have yet to really discuss. I would also love the excuse to read the book again...

6. If I Stay
Again, a very controversial book. Personally, I didn't like it, but some people did, and others did not. I think that it would really cool to talk about this one and the entire concept of it, and would also make a great movie/book night :)

7. Everybody Sees the Ants
One of the best books with magic realism incorporated into it and I would love to talk about that and all the hidden concepts of the book. I also just love Lucky Linderman.

8. The Mother-Daughter Book Club series
Such childhood memories! But the girls grow up, and the characters never get old. After reading this series I wanted to create my own mother-daughter book club, but now I think it would just be great to read with a bunch of people, because you really get to know the characters. 

9. The Truth about Forever/Keeping the Moon
I love Sarah Dessen, and these are my two favorite books of hers. The characters are simply beautiful and I love her tone of writing. I think both of these, and any of her books really, would be great to read with some girlfriends. :)


10. Steelheart
Another book I can't seem to stop talking about. This one and its sequel, Firefight, both are absolutely AMAZING. Such a great fantasy/sci-fi, and something I can really geek out about. 

What are some of your books you'd read with your book club?


12 comments:

  1. We Were Liars on my list too. That would be such an awesome book to talk about. Are you reading Article 5 yet? oh sorry sidenote.

    Steelheart I hope to listen to soon! great list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I haven't read it yet but I'm getting there! Have you? Thanks so much for stopping by and can't wait to see you in February :)

      Delete
  2. Ohhh yes!! Throne of Glass awesome choice!! Great List! Check out my Top Ten Tuesday! http://bookbabble.weebly.com/blog/top-ten-tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Throne of Glass is SO good...I'm so glad so many other bloggers love the book as well!

      Delete
  3. Shiver was an interesting book to me too, I'd love to hear other's opinions. We Were Liars was so amazing, but that ending.... I'd love to hear other thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll have to talk sometime about it because OH THAT ENDING...it murdered my heart and exploded my mind.

      Delete
  4. The plot twist in We Were Liars was so unpredictable. I seriously need to talk to someone about that ending, so a book club would be perfect for that. Also, I'm glad you liked The Giver and Throne of Glass because both of those are on my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I would've never seen it coming. You should read them and tell me what you think!

      Delete
  5. We Were Liars would be awesome to read in a book club!
    I still haven't read Legend by Marie Lu and If I Stay, they're on my must read list though :') AND that book by Brandon Sanderson I haven't heard of before but it looks like my kind of read so I'm gonna check it out :)
    Great list Kate! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh definitely read Legend... If I Stay is kind of iffy. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award http://emmasbookery.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/nominated-for-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete